Healthy in the mouth and around
The programme “Tipptopp. Gesund im Mund und rundherum” consists of several sub-projects :
- Oral health and lifestyle education for all kindergartens and primary schools in Vienna : twice a year;
- Theatre play : Primary school and new secondary school : 100 performances per year;
- Information for parents and legal guardians : on request;
- Oral health education for special educational institutions;
- Consulting service for crèches, kindergartens and primary schools;
- Training for midwives, daycare providers and other people who deal with the target groups;
- Dental chart screening : 25 public primary schools in Vienna, twice a year;
- Pilot project : Application of fluoride varnish : Additional offer for the 25 public schools, which are in the screening-programme;
- Pilot project “Zahnschnuppern” : Offer for kindergartens to visit a dental healthcare centre and get to know the dentists and the surgery. The main goal of this new project is to reduce anxieties.
The programme is being evaluated by the Danube University Krems. Results will be available in Spring 2017.
Download our publications below
Best Practices in Oral Health Promotion and Prevention from Across Europe
Best Practices in Oral Health Promotion and Prevention from Across EuropeDownload